The ControlLogix controller provides a scalable PLC that is that has the ability to address many I/O points.
The Controllogix can be put into any ControlLogix I/O chassis slot and numbers modules can be used in the same chassis. Many controllers in the same chassis can talk with each other over the backplane, but work independently.
I/O can be monitored and controlled with ControlLogix controllers across the backplane, as well as over I/O links. ControlLogix controllers can talk over ControlNet, EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, DH+, Universal Remote I/O, and RS-232-C (DF1/DH-485 protocol) networks.
The available controllers include: ControlLogix, GuardLogix, and ControlLogix -XT used in extreme environment.
The 1756-EN2T ControlLogix EtherNet/IP bridge module operates similarly as the 1756-ENBT but with twice the capacity for strenuous applications. The 1756-EN2T supports:
- Control of I/O.
- Communication via produced/consumed tags and MSG instructions.
- HMI communication.
- Programming and setup, which includes uploading and downloading.
- An adapter for 1756 I/O modules.
- USB serial communication, that allow a computer to access and program a Logix5000 controller.
- A web server to give information about diagnostic and status.
- Switches for fast IP address setup.
- EtherNet/IP communication rate: 10/100 Mbps
- Logix communication connections: 256
- TCP/IP communication connections: 128
- Current draw @ 5.1V DC: 1A
- Power dissipation: 5.1, W 17.4 BTU/Hr
- Thermal dissipation: 17.4 BTU/hr
- Isolation voltage: 30V (continuous), Basic Insulation Type, Ethernet to Backplane,
- USB to Backplane, and USB to Ethernet(1)
- Slot width: 1
- Module location: Chassis-based, any slot
- Chassis: 1756-A4LXT, 1756-A5XT, 1756-A7XT, 1756-A7LXT
- Power supply, standard: 1756-PAXT, 1756-PBXT
- Power supply, redundant: None
- Ethernet port: 2 Ethernet RJ45 Category 5
- Ethernet cable: 802.3 compliant shielded or unshielded twisted pair
- USB port(2): USB 1.1, full speed (12 Mbps)
- Wiring category: 2 – on Ethernet ports & 3 – on USB ports
- North American temperature code: T4A
- IEC temperature code: T4
- Enclosure type rating: None (open-style)